Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wildlife this weekend

So, I got a call from Larry The Neighbor about 1:30 last Thursday afternoon, he said Uncle Leo was trying to take on a bear and two cubs in the back yard. He got Leo out of the yard and over to his place to keep him safe.

I headed home from work, by the time I got there KC had gotten home to find the police and animal control in our driveway. She go Uncle Leo and he was covered in something sticky...and boy did he stink! Not like a skunk... but stink. By the time I got home she had him washed off, then he went off to the groomer on Friday.

Apparently the bears came over to play with Uncle Leo after hanging out in Larry's jacuzzi.




Then Sunday the kids and I were playing Uno out by the pool, I looked over at the pool and saw a big spider floating...dead. I, of course went and grabbed the camera. Wen we scooped it out of the pool Ethan wanted to scare mom with it...I said that would be a bad idea.

Here's the spider with Junia's hand for size comparison.

Training
Training wise, I still had a good weekend. With a 10 mile ride/4 mile run on Friday. 3 mile run on Saturday then a 6 mile ride, 1/2 mile swim and 2 mile run on Sunday.

No comments:

A video of an old friend

Into the Void (cover) - Michael Gulezian live Cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Into the Void" by Michael Gulezian @ Hillsdale Colleg...