Saturday, August 30, 2008

Another trial race

This weeks training consisted of a couple of run outings at work during lunchtime, hapkido 3 nights and a pre-race of the Malibu course. This time around we included transitions. The swim was tough as expected but I was able to keep myself calm and work my way through it. One moment I wondered what I was doing and why I was there. Though I was at the rear of the pod I was able to finish and not feel dizzy when I came out of the water. I need to work on a system for the first transition from swim to bike. The bike was good and I was able to make up time and pull through strong, though there are people that are faster than me I think the bike is my strong event. Transition to the run was smooth, I took it slow the first mile and focused on just keeping going and making sure my legs didn't cramp up. By the end of mile 2 I was feeling better than when I started the run and was able to pick up my pace more and more as I completed the 2nd two miles.
Total time 2hours 3minutes.

It was very encouraging to be out there with the team.

No comments:

A video of an old friend

Into the Void (cover) - Michael Gulezian live Cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Into the Void" by Michael Gulezian @ Hillsdale Colleg...