Saturday, September 20, 2008

Who's your buddy?

I turned 40 earlier this year and my buddy Wade gave me tickets to see Tom Petty. The show was great fun, they played all the old stuff and put on a great show.... as much as we could see from up on the lawn. Actually the view was good and I was amazed at the sound. I remember seeing Dio at the same venue (Irvine Meadows now Verizon Wireless Amphitheater) back in '87 and the sound was muddy and unclear. Sound technology has come a long way in 20 years, we could actually understand what Tom Petty was singing.


So Wade turned 40 a couple of weeks ago, for him I registered the two of us for the Muddy Buddy race in San Dimas on Nov 2. The Muddy Buddy is a 5 to 7 mile bike/run race of teams of two and one bike. Teams take turns running and riding and then go through a big mud pit together to finish the race. Should be a good time.

No comments:

A video of an old friend

Into the Void (cover) - Michael Gulezian live Cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Into the Void" by Michael Gulezian @ Hillsdale Colleg...