Friday, June 6, 2008

Pre ride for the Hillbilly run

Day off today so after dropping the kids off at school I went for a ride. I figured the Hillbilly Hill adventure race is coming up soon so I'd give it go on part of the ride. So I took off from home and headed up the wash and over to the start of the Clamshell trail. It felt pretty good. When I did the race last year I spent a bit of time walking the ride, today I made it non-stop. Maybe not fast but I felt good. Well I felt good until I was coming back down the hill and came around a corner and there was a 5 foot rattle snake sunning itself across the road. I stopped and watched it for a few minutes, then started rolling some big rocks down the road at it. After 3-4 rocks he started off into the brush on the side so I hopped back on the bike and headed past there fast.

Felt good when I got to the bottom of the hill.

No comments:

A video of an old friend

Into the Void (cover) - Michael Gulezian live Cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Into the Void" by Michael Gulezian @ Hillsdale Colleg...