Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hillbilly Hill: race day

Today is the Hillbilly Hill Adventure Race 2008.
June 21, 2008

Temperature today I saw was supposed to get up to 113f.. The highest I saw on the thermometer is 110f..... close enough. Anything over 100 is just plain hot, and don't give me any of that "it's a dry heat" baloney.

There are a few challenges to face this year:
- the neighbor saw 3 bears near the wash today... well, they were in the neighbors yard and when they left headed to the wash.
- with the heat there's a good possiility of rattle snakes... If I see one, that's when I turn and head back down the mountain.
- obviously, the heat
- Rog isn't racing this year so I have the potential of being last.
- and the ever present hillbillies

I have been running and riding a lot more this year to prepare so I'm feeling pretty good. A six pack of Pete's Wicked will be waiting for me at the end.

No comments:

A video of an old friend

Into the Void (cover) - Michael Gulezian live Cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Into the Void" by Michael Gulezian @ Hillsdale Colleg...