Friday, February 19, 2010

Race weekend is here

Watching the Olympics tonight and it's sinking in that Sunday morning I will be running 13.1 miles.... let's reiterate, the farthest I've run in my life. Today Kerrianne and I went and picked up our race packets which consisted of the number bib, a cool shirt and a bunch of marketing propaganda for other races and products. There was an expo with vendors showing stuff off as well that was fun to walk through.

My training this week has consisted of the 10 mile run on Monday, 2.5 mile run on Tuesday and again 2.5 miles on Thursday and a few hapkido classes with plenty of kicking thrown in. I did pass on sparring this week thinking that would be a prime opportunity to get some type of injury. In class on Thursday night I was doing some kicks and managed to kick a guys arm with my shin. It's still a bit sensitive to the touch but I think it will be OK. During the run on Thursday my left achilles was a little sore at times.

Today was the kick off meeting for the Triathlon team at work. Information and planning for the season. The big event is the Malibu Nautica Triathlon in September. Unfortunately I won't be participating in it this year as it's the same weekend as scout camp that I'll be going to with Ethan. I did find out that there are about 10 people from work that will be running the race on Sunday so I'll be wearing something NBCU for that.

No comments:

A video of an old friend

Into the Void (cover) - Michael Gulezian live Cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Into the Void" by Michael Gulezian @ Hillsdale Colleg...