Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Side Step

We took the Jeep out to get dirty this last weekend and had a great time. Drove up and down some hills, over some rocks and tested my driving skills. I think I did OK. My friend Al thought so too. Didn't break anything, so that was a bonus. Then we were having lunch by the lake and I stepped up on the side step running board, and with a little jump on it, the whole thing broke off. That was rather disappointing. Turns out the thing is made of plastic and the metal threaded inserts just pulled right out.
Al said, "check out the Smittybilt steps, good price, look good and they are solid" so I did after we got home. The price seemed decent so I ordered them Sunday afternoon and they arrived Tuesday. On they went. They do look good and the mounting brackets look much stronger than the stock ones.

I will talk to the dealer about the poor quality of the originals.

No comments:

A video of an old friend

Into the Void (cover) - Michael Gulezian live Cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Into the Void" by Michael Gulezian @ Hillsdale Colleg...