Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pinewood Derby Cars

One of my greatest moments of childhood trauma was the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. I was the kid that had made my car all by myself and when the big race came along my car stopped 1/2 way down the track and had to deal with the embarrassment of walking up to get my stalled car. Here we are 30 years later and I'm the Cub Scout leader helping 6 boys with their cars... pressure.

We had the den over to our place to get started on our cars. There's a lot more pictures and story over at http://tigercubscouts.blogspot.com

I got to help Ethan and the other boys using the band saw.



Then everyone dis some hand sanding. No one seems to like that part.


It took a while to get the shapes cut out on all of the cars so after everyone left Ethan and I worked on his car a bit more.

Beginning with sanding some more.


Then paint. He wanted multi colors and chose black and white. (Is that really multi color?)


The sides got black and after that dried we masked it off so he could paint the top white.


More to come..... after the paint drys.

No comments:

A video of an old friend

Into the Void (cover) - Michael Gulezian live Cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Into the Void" by Michael Gulezian @ Hillsdale Colleg...