Saturday, November 1, 2008

Is it a sign?

Well, Wade and I have the Muddy Buddy race in the morning. On the positive side it's the time change tonight so even though the clock says it's 11:34pm that I'm writing this it's only 10:34pm... that's where the positive side ends.

I went out to the garage a few hours ago to get the bike loaded into the truck and get things ready... I started rolling the bike and flat tire! I know I have a tube around somewhere but I haven't seen it since we moved 2 years ago. The only place I could think of that would be open at 9pm was Target so off I went. I picked up 2 tubes so we'll have one on the race tomorrow and while I was at it got a new pump for on the bike. Back home, change the tube... all good. Then I went to start the truck, it's been sitting for a couple of weeks, battery dead. I think the jumper cables are with that tube, haven't been seen since we moved. About that time work called with 3 different problems they wanted me to look at. (Bad planning on my part being on-call the weekend of a race.) I spent the next hour fixing problems for work and decided I'd try to fit my bike in the other car for tomorrow, as I was moving stuff to put it in I came across the emergency kit my wonderful wife got me for Christmas last year.... in it were jumper cables. Gave the truck a jump start and let it run for a while while I got the rest of the things together.

Right now things look OK, except when I look at the clock and see that it says 11:42pm.......

No comments:

A video of an old friend

Into the Void (cover) - Michael Gulezian live Cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Into the Void" by Michael Gulezian @ Hillsdale Colleg...